Research shows that 70% of all jobs never even get published online. As much as 80% of jobs are filled through personal and professional connections. (CNBC)
That’s WILD! 😲
Even better, YOUR personal network is eager to help you if you ask.
Not as easy as it sounds though? Get one-on-one insights and support here.
In fact, job hunting for your next opportunity is MOST SUCCESSFUL if you:
- Get to hiring managers and recruiters early in the process; ideally, before the job is even posted
And, in order to get to these hiring decision-makers early in the process, growing your relationships and strengthening your business connections is key.
- LinkedIn has over 740 million users in more than 200 countries around the world. (125+ million in the States alone). If you’re not already posting content on this powerful networking platform, it’s time to be one of the < 1% of people already doing so and start. Start with sharing content about your specific industry. Articles, insight on what’s working for you in management and leadership or strategy can be a great start.
- Slack ‘workspaces’ and Facebook Groups can also be great resources for growing your professional network.
- Ever heard of Lunchclub? It’s an AI-powered networking app that pairs you with like-minded professionals to help expand your connections. Using it just might land you that next 6-figure job you love.
- Don’t forget your current network. If you haven’t connected with your contacts in a while, send a quick note to check-in.
Plus, get this, all of these other “new ways” of connecting with people to network give you the best opportunity to shine the light on your professional gifts!
If you’re “too busy” to do this, try using automation tools that help you send connection requests and follow-up messages to people based on your targeting criteria.
Need help with where to start and how to navigate networking for your net worth? Schedule a call with one of our expert Executive Career Coaches to learn how you can leverage social media to help land that 6-figure job you LOVE. https://go.oncehub.com/CareerBreakthroughSession
It just makes sense to:
- Dial into digital tools
- Keep your current network ‘warm’ by staying in touch
- Offer industry insight
- Tap into new ways to connect
So, take the lead and network for your net worth!
Here’s to your success,
Tim Madden, MBA | Executive Career Upgrades